Pages

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Die cut inlay cards

I could not wait to share these!
Every crafter starts getting ready for Christmas early, and I’ve started gathering my materials and tools back in August. And as soon as I was ready I started making cards and trying new techniques.

I love this inlay technique I found on Jennifer Maguire YouTube channel. Jennifer is my card making guru, I just love her work and the way she presents it. You can learn huge variety of techniques using different crafty things and she always has loads of ideas how to use a technique even if you don’t have the specific supplies shown in the video. You can check the video out here (warning, it’s addictive!).




I didn’t use inking for this, I just die cut my designes out of different kinds of cardstock. I found this glittery paper in silver and gold in a random shop and I just love the shimmer on it. It’s not just glitter cardstock, it has this amazing shimmer and it reflects the light beautifully. I hope the photos show it. Unfortunately it is not easy to work with, as it does not die cut very well. I guess the shimmery side is covered with some sort of plastic or foil which stretches in the die cutting machine and does not cut, no matter what kind of shim I use. So I had to run my craft knife after I die cut it to separate the pieces. It was very tedious and it took hours! But I can be very stubborn when I want to and I got through it. It was worth it. I can only hope  it looks as nice on the photos as it does in real life.

I’m now really into making Christmas cards and there’s loads more to come, including shaker cards, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment