Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

Lattice Cards

I really enjoyed making these. It's not a new technique and I've made cards see through or lattice cards before. I like the final result so much, I had to do it again and play around with it a bit. I used the layering dies for this. However any background dies could be used, as long as they're not solid.

I came across this technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog and YouTube channel. I love Jennifer, she's one of my cardmaking gurus. Here's link to this particular technique.

Note: I apologise for the quality of the photos in this post. I make cards for sale and these sold out so quickly I didn't really get the opportunity to take nicer pictures. I also wanted to deliver them to my clients as soon as I could as some of them may need to post them in the current situation, rather than hand deliver.

I die cut layering background die from coordinating cardstock - I used these beautiful shades of green and glued them together. I also die cut all 3 layers from white cardstock to form the back of my card and glued them together as well. I then scored the top frame of the die and attached it to the from green panel, so that it forms a top opening card. I used the oval stitched die for the sentiment and also as a space for the personal message inside.



The other dies I used had a lot more empty space and I decided to fill it with vellum, so they're not completely see through. And they can be lit up from behind, which makes them look like a lantern or stained glass.








No comments:

Post a Comment