Pages

Sunday 11 March 2018

Mother's Day

In my previous post I showed the result of me playing around with Altenew layer rose 3d die. Now it's time to use some of the roses I've created on cards. And since it's Mother's Day today here in Ireland I've decided to use them on a card for this very occasion.

I've used light pink cardstock and yellow background die cut (I love the combination of pink and yellow - it's so girly and fresh). I heat embossed the die cut with clear powder twice, to add shine and dimension. This created a simple yet elegant background to showcase my 3d roses. I kept the sentiment simple but raised it by mounting it on a piece of fun foam to make sure it stands out enough.





I've been looking through Simon Says Stamp blog and came across their Wednesday challenge - Girl Power. I though this card goes perfectly with the the theme, not just because of the light and girly design, but also because of the celebration - after all being a mother is one of the greatest powers girls posses!
If you'd like to see more details and also check out some beautiful cards submitted for the challenge here's a link.

1 comment:

  1. So very pretty. I really love the colours you have used.
    Thank you sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete