Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2018

My Monthly Hero

So finally after months of looking at all those awesome card kits I've decided to order one. My Montly Hero for March really caught my eye - it's perfect for s starter or just to restock those basics. Because craft stash is a bit like wardrobe - you need basics you can build on. I had to wait a bit longer to receive mine - it had to cross the Atlantic Ocean to get here. And when I finally got it I could not wait to use all the supplies. Ok, I did wait. but only because it was so nicely packaged, all wrapped in tissue and tied with a pretty ribbon (both of which can be used for crafting - bonus!).

So once I've had enough looking at it I finally went ahead and used it. Since the kit is full of basics the card is pretty basic too. I used craft cardstock as a base and only added white. The only exception are the leaves and the middle of the daisy.



I've cut the hello twice and doubled it for dimension.I used Stitched Daisies to create a flower - I cut out all 3 sizes and glued them on top of each other and slightly offset. I curled the petals a little (by carefully running scissors at the back of each one) for added dimension and more realistic look. I also added Wink of Stella to the petals.
At the bottom I used White Unicorn ink from the card kit and a stencil to create a pattern and add interest to the card.



And since the cards features flowers (ok, one flower, but why should that not be enough?) I've decided to submit it to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. Have a look at all the wonderful entries - it's a great inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely design, Kasha - the daisy really stands out against the pretty kraft pattern! Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete